Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service includes saving and/or sharing particular content on a web server handled by a website hosting supplier. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you desire to build a blog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by various web hosts, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally wrong interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between different groups of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous webspace hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific companies provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you wish to share an enormous amount of pics with pals or partners since the solution is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your mail accounts. Some suppliers provide web site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many videos as you would like without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Duo Servers, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for particular web content only.